Welcome to Center for Speech & Language, Inc.
Rhonda Hemphill, M.S., CCC-SLP and Associates
Center for Speech and Language has provided the highest quality evaluations and therapy for speech, language, reading, and hearing in Central Florida since 1981. We offer a range of services to both children and adults. New research is available on a regular basis and we at Center for Speech and Language make sure to keep updated on the most recent information and techniques. Learn more about us here.
We are now scheduling screenings at private schools. Call if you would like to schedule a screening at your school.
Did You Know?
- Research shows a high correlation between early speech sound errors, especially multiple errors, and later difficulties with reading and/or spelling. These areas should be monitored in children who receive therapy for speech sound errors.
- Treatment for Auditory Processing Disorders involves a 3-pronged approach that includes direct intervention
- Dyslexia is a language-based reading disorder that is diagnosed by a pattern of test performance rather than by one single test.
- According the National Institutes of Health, 8-10% of people have a communication disorder.
- Language skills affect all academic areas.
We are Proudly Celebrating 35 Years of Serving the Central Florida area.
We are proud to be a Scottish Rite Clinic for Childhood Language Disorders.